- Don’t allow multiple versions of your pages to exists under more than one URL, including “www”, pages, trailing slashes and other canonical issues.
- File type extensions don’t matter, but ideally you should avoid extensions so you don’t have performance issues or redirect issues in the future.
- Keep your URLs as short as possible.
- Put keywords in your URLs without stuffing.
- Avoid numbers if possible, especially numbers that could be interpreted as dates.
- Avoid parameters if possible; if you absolutely need them, use hash tags
- Directories are only necessary for large sites or for sites where you need to segment the content; otherwise, they are optional.
- Use a 301 for redirects: it’s the least problematic solution.
SEO 101: Getting the Right URL Structure
Wolf-Howl.com runs on the Genesis Framework
Genesis lets you to quickly and easily build amazing websites with WordPress. Whether you're a novice or advanced developer, Genesis provides the secure and search-engine-optimized foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go.
It's that simple - start using Genesis now!
Take advantage of the 6 default layout options, comprehensive SEO settings, rock-solid security, flexible theme options, cool custom widgets, custom design hooks, and a huge selection of child themes ("skins") that make your site look the way you want it to. With automatic theme updates and world-class support included, Genesis is the smart choice for your WordPress website or blog.